Play WoW On Browser

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why I'm Looking Forward to WotLK

Loktar, Baladash, Malnore and howdy World of Warcraft fans. Hell, howdy to all the WoW haters too. Well at the time this article is being concocted it is now t-minus thirty one hours until the release of Wrath of the Lich King. After months of anticipation it’s almost go time. I know I’m not the only one out there that can’t wait for it.

As if the simple release of this expansion wasn’t enough to excite the WoW population, Blizzard has done a great job of chumming the water with their release of the achievement system. Not only did that give players a chance to fill in the blanks of their WoW experience, it gave players an insight into what may be expected in the upcoming expansion. Hopefully we’ll see all of those achievement points put to good use. I’d hate think I explored every single inch of the maps for just a title. Hercule the Explorer doesn’t have the best ring to it. I was not fortunate enough to get into the WOTLK beta, so I’m forced to base most of why I am excited for the expansion on previous press releases and the World of Warcraft home page, but I think that’s enough. So I know I will be stating much of the obvious, and with that being said…

Onto the obvious:

New maximum level cap: Level 80, if you thought distributing those skill points were tough before, worry not. Ten more points. TEN MORE. Now my Moonkin will be able to be a back up healer as well as DPS. I’m sure those points will be benefiting other classes just as much, but for me it’s Druid all the way. Additionally, you can partake in the arms race amongst your friends and guildies to see who will ding 80 first. I’ll be doing my best to get there quickly (courtesy of those sick days at my full time job). Once you are 80 not only do you have a rich future of raiding and PvP ahead of you, you also get to go and pay back all those old dungeons. The achievement points brought level 70s from around the world back to Ragefire Chasm and the Stormwind Stockades. How great is going to be to be able to go back and solo and five man some of the previous hardest forty man dungeons. TAKE THAT ONYXIA AND RAGNAROS, you all know what I mean. For those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of forty manning them, it could be a tremendous pain in the buttocks (or insert buttocks euphemism here).


New Continent: Northrend. Now when I wear my Blizzcon gear that says “Ride Northrend” it may make sense to some folks. I remember how great it was exploring Outland the first time. There is a certain thrill to exploring, well “thrill” may be a bit strong but its sure can be fun. And let’s not forget those experience points for exploration. After a few months of the same scenery this is going to be an awesome change of pace.

New Character Class: The Death Knight. DEATH KNIGHT it just sounds cool. Say it with me folks, ”Death Night”. It just rolls of the tongue. Not only is it another class, apparently it’s a Hero Class. What does that mean? Well, to be honest, I’m not sure. I do know that I am interested to see where it takes the game. I don’t know if I will love it or hate it, but you can be damned sure I’ll be making one. Let’s face it almost all of you will be making one too. For all you squishes out there, just make one and run into mobs. Enjoy the satisfaction of watching your health bar not move faster than a Jamaican Olympic sprinter. I know folks will be worried about the legions and legions of Death Knights plaguing the game. And who can blame you, but think of this way, that leaves more non plate loot for your other toons.

New crafting: Inscription. Well it’s already been released. Sure it’s cool, but nothing to look forward to there at the moment. Here’s hoping for some epic inscription drops, C’mon Blizzard we’ve earned that.

As with any expansion there will be many new dungeons to explore. The Burning Crusade certainly didn’t disappoint folks on the amount and style of dungeons released. WOTLK looks to be no different, and let’s hope those daily dungeon quests stick around. On top of all the new content I’m looking forward to re-entering Naxxramas. It was one of the coolest looking dungeons that most folks never saw. I made to the first boss; it’s too bad the Burning Crusade made sure most folks never bothered with it. Welcome back Naxx, your dreams were your ticket out, oh wait that’s Kotter.

I know there are many more items to look forward to, since at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/ it stated “And much much more..” Let’s hear it from the rest of the MMORPG readers, what are you looking forward to most about the Wrath of the Lich King?

Let’s hear about why you are dreading it. Get those forums jumping folks. See you all in Northrend in about thirty hours… Let’s make that about 15 now.

0 comments: