Play WoW On Browser

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wotlk: Malygos Raid Impressions

The Malygos raid dungeon is one of the best encounters in the game that present many challenges throughout three phases. I reached level 80 after a slow pace of questing and running dungeons. My guild welcomed me into their fold of max level raiding once I hit 80. They needed another holy paladin really bad. So I headed to Coldarra in the Borean Tundra region. Just fly to the middle area of the Nexus on the higher level to reach the portal to Malygos: Eye of Eternity.

I didn't get to play the Malygos encounter in beta, so I was completely new to what I would be facing there. A quick read on the wiki strategy more or less gave me a heads up, but nothing written can compare to first-hand experience. That said, the first two attempts, I died quiet fast if not the first to die. I didn't have an idea of what it was until the second time when I checked the combat log. The dreadful Arcane Breath which deals over 18k damage. After telling the raid leader, he let me know what I was doing wrong. Didn't take me long to get it right on. The third and next attempts I learned how to master the art of staying alive.

The tank must pull Malygos to the north edge of the platform (mini-map north) while everyone must stack up below Malygos' tail base. Roughly few seconds into the fight he will go airborne and start an arcane vortex setting everyone to spin in the air. Everyone takes 2000 damage per sec through the duration of the vortex. Immediately, locate yourself in the minimap and rotate your character until the arrow is pointing to the south. Keep your camera view facing the south. When the vortex effect ends, run in the direction set moving south. The tank will obviously run north to position Malygos. The idea here is to avoid raid members dying due to the arcane breath which he sprays upon landing.

0 comments: